Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Back in the Normal Grind

It’s been a good few weeks poker wise. Not that have many big scores to show for it but I feel like that decent to big win is coming soon. Whenever I can get into a good rhythm of playing I find I kind of find a groove and the decisions I make at the table get much better. I also have this well played theory (for anyone that will listen to me) that winning MTTs is about volume that you need to play as many as you can as often as you can to show profit. I am squeaking out some small profits to keep my roll afloat and keep me from feeling like the next win is not coming. I am sure its coming just need to keep playing until it comes.

Also during March I am very happy with how my videos and coaching have gone. I release the end of my bigger 27.50 series and the video that came out today was a live video I did commentary on the actual play. The result of the FT was bad but I thought the video turned out well. I also picked up 3 new students during March which was best month so far since I started coaching. I find it’s getting much easier with how I approach coaching and I really look forward to each session.

The Micromillions Main Event got me to play Sunday afternoon this week. I had enough fpps to buy into the Sunday Million too so I kind of went crazy and played almost everything from 1:30pm to about 5pm. My PC has been lagging a lot so I had to watch how many tables I opened. I didn’t really run deep in anything but the million which I felt really good in but ran out of steam and ended up short. Finally with 13bbs I got KK in the cut-off. There was an MP open and shove from the hijack for 24bbs, I called, and then the button called. The original raiser folded and showed AK and I was up against JJ and AK. By the river I was drawing dead as a jack hit the flop. I was still happy with my performance and I definitely want to play it again soon. The fields on Sundays just amaze me and the poker feels even softer than pre-black Friday.

Tomorrow is kind of a dark day lol. I have 2 really great friends that I have been friends with since 1986. We were all born in 1972 and the first guy is turning 40 tomorrow. We are going out to celebrate because you are supposed to but I can’t figure out where the time went and how I can possibly be turning 40 this year. I feel more like 30+10. I still have a few months to worry about it and for tomorrow I can bug my friend and being really old.

I say this at the end of every blog but I hope to be blogging about a big score soon!

No comments: