Thursday, August 30, 2012

Trying to get back into a routine!!


I have been trying for awhile now to get back into a routine.  I can remember trying to set a standard for myself to play 20 nights in a month which is basically 4-5 days per week.  The last 3 months I have had so many issues trying to do this for a bunch of reasons.  The biggest reason has really just been trying to enjoy the summer and our cottage.  We renovated our cottage over the winter and basically transformed it into a lakehouse, we spent a lot of time setting it up and have been there most weekends.

Also occupying a lot of my time has been my older son’s soccer team, I promised myself I would not try to control the team and be the manager so I settled for an assistant manager role but still ended up going to pretty much every practice and of course every game.  Lastly I celebrated my 40th birthday this summer and it seemed like we celebrated for 3 straight weeks.  The highlight was definitely having a big party at the cottage where we drank like we were in high school for 48 hours.

I have also been doing a lot of private coaching and started group coaching over the summer which has worked out very well.  I had said at one point I didn’t want to have more than 4 students and I am now up to 8 but I like it so much everytime someone asks me I do not like saying no.  Hopefully when September hits I can get into a better routine between coaching and playing and I can get some decent volume in.

Lastly I can’t say no to open faced Chinese poker which seems to keep happening. This game is so much fun and my degenerate friends have introduced wild cards, magic cards (used in bonus it pays double) and the death card (you have to use this card in a bonus or your hand is dead).  In September I am going to curb my addiction and stick to coaching, videos and playing online.

I finally seemed to turn it around in August and had a winning month after my biggest drought in 4 years.  I hope to keep it going with a lot of momentum into September.  Next time I blog it should be about playing poker and not trying to play poker!

No comments: