Sunday, January 22, 2012

Running Super Hot in Cold Winter January

The last 2 weeks have been a total roller coaster....After instantly being up 6k on New Year's Day I went on a big downswing (about 2k). 2k is a big swing for me because since Black Friday I only spend about $150-180 per night on MTTs. To lose 2k in 2 weeks I have to run pretty bad. I have not had any major wins but lots of small ones and deep cashes and tonight I broke the 8k profit for the month which doesn’t seem that exciting since I started off so hot but I really turned stuff around after 6k profit turned into 4k profit after 2 weeks.

I did some coaching as well which really helps me stay focused as I remind myself about how to deal with situations I come across endlessly. I find sometimes I get lazy and don't do the fundamentals like I should. When I coach I find myself explaining things that I do usually without thinking and it helps remind me of things I am probably missing.

My last 2 sessions have felt like I couldn’t miss and felt like I ran super hot. I busted deep in the TCOOP #13 tonight 89th for $300. Considering this thing pays $36k for first, I was really hoping for a deep run. I lost a huge 30bb pot (in these turbos 30bbs is huge) with AK vs. AQ and 33. The board ran AxxxQ. I stayed in and battled back but could win so many miracle flips. I also started at 630pm tonight which I never do because I rarely can or want to start that early. It felt great to get in so many tourneys; I had 15+ tourneys running for almost 2 hours which is something I haven’t been able to do since before black friday.

I am also pretty happy that I have played a lot of sessions this month, playing 12 of 21 nights which is pretty good. I can remember making goals to play 20 of 30 (31) days in a month but I haven’t really been putting that kind of pressure on myself in recent months. Its helped the weather has sucked and no one wants to go outside. I am probably not going to play as much in February so it’s good to get the volume in now.

I bought myself and Zac tickets to the NHL All Star Game next weekend. I really haven’t been this into hockey since before poker. I actually got into poker because of the NHL strike but I used to be a huge NHL fan and Sens fan. The 2011-12 Sens have made it really easy to get back into them since they have been so exciting with lots of close games and surprisingly great record. The only crappy part is they 1-5 when I have been to the game. I don’t get why that is but I have not been to 6 games in a season since before my kids were born and they basically lose every time I go....they have made up for it because they seem undefeated when I watch on TV.

I don't have much else to report on but I promised myself I would blog 2-3 times each month so here it is, hope to talk to everyone before Vegas!

No comments: